My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Friday, July 14, 2006

    Sacrifice


    Sacrifice
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.

    I found these recipes on my favorite website, Very Best Baking. I thought I would bake one of them for an after dinner treat, after planting flowers treat, after mowing the lawn treat or after anything treat.
    I read the ingredients and noticed the nutritional information box so I clicked on it. The following information appeared;

    Mom's Special Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
    Calories - slice - 370
    whole cake - 5920
    Fat Calories - slice - 200
    whole cake - 3200
    Carbs - slice - 40
    whole cake - 640

    I then decided to only make the other one

    Mini Morsel Shortbread Squares
    Calories - slice - 100
    whole cake - 4800
    Fat Calories - slice - 50
    whole cake - 2400
    Carbs - slice - 12
    whole cake - 576

    Since we never eat only one slice of anything and we have put on at least 10lbs. since retirement, the best I could come up with was to just forget the whole thing!

    Smiles

    Babe

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    LOL!!!

    What a sacrifice, indeed. I hate to sacrifice, especially this one. I consider this a serious fast.

    LOL!!!

    7/15/2006 6:51 AM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    Oh what a fantastic drawing!!! Is that scarlet Fiesta???? Dan said the cake reminded him of an Oatmeal sandwich cookie - Yummy!!!!
    I completely breezed over the nutritional facts...what you don't know...
    HA-ha!

    7/15/2006 7:20 AM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    What a wonderful colorful drawing Babe! Joy is right-don'tlook at the ingredients-just enjoy.

    Love your creative take on this theme!!

    7/15/2006 9:02 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home