My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Thursday, May 17, 2007

    Citrus


    Citrus
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    Last year I had our garden club’s May meeting here. During that meeting we were all surprised to see several Orioles trying to feed from Hummingbird feeders. It was quite comical considering their size and the size of the feeder. When asked this year if I thought we would see them again, I replied I hoped so but need to get them their own feeder. Oriole feeders are sort of hard to find here, they are sold as soon as they come into the stores. One member told us to cut oranges in half then either hang them in the trees or place them on a table so we could watch them. I cut two oranges and placed them on a small table. Sure enough, they came and ate the oranges dry. I still want to get a feeder for them but this will do in the meantime.

    Smiles
    Babe

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Teri said...

    Oh fun! I am waiting for mine to come yet. I use grape jelly in a little container and they just love it!!

    5/18/2007 12:26 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Babe this is fantastic. I miss your posts :-(

    5/19/2007 2:01 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home