My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Sunday, December 24, 2006

    PEACE


    PEACE
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    Have you ever walked through a forest in a falling snow? Have you ever stepped out your back door during a snow fall and listened? Did you hear anything? The most peaceful moment I have ever experienced was in a snowfall. There really isn't any sounds with snow falling, and the sight is so beautiful, its almost magical. I guess that is why I always want a white Christmas. It would add the magical silent of peace that should be with this special day.

    May your Christmas be loving, with the magical silent of peace.

    Love
    Babe

    7 Comments:

    Blogger ° said...

    really like the look of this the way the pine branches seem to be sticking up out tof the snow layerd on them.

    12/24/2006 5:27 PM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    Perfectly peaceful!

    Have a wonderful peaceful Christmas!

    12/24/2006 7:20 PM  
    Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

    Snow used to mean peace, 'till I moved to NYC & had to dig my car out of the snow on the street! Beautiful work anyway. Merry Christmas, to you & yours.

    12/26/2006 4:36 PM  
    Blogger kj said...

    i hope your holiday was wonderful, babe. i appreciate your drawing and your description of the peacefulness of snow. i know that feeling very well, here in new england.

    i hope to see more of you in the new year. best wishes!

    :)

    12/27/2006 7:37 AM  
    Blogger carla said...

    I love the silence after a snowfall. We live in the woods, and it is absolutely transcendental after a snowfall...a real winter wonderland (sorry for the cliche, but it's true!)...sparkling, silent, and so peaceful. I love this lone tree covered with snow. It captures the essence of that feeling so well. I hope you had a happy Christmas. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

    12/27/2006 9:45 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope your Christmas celebration with Joy was wonderful. I look forward to reading more words of wisdom, heartwarming illustrations and sharing friendship though your blog. Have a blessed and happy New Year Babe!

    12/27/2006 4:58 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Babe, the anonymous comment above was mine. I don't know why it won't let me log in.

    Ces

    12/27/2006 4:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home