My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Friday, November 10, 2006

    5 Things - about me

    I have been tagged to do a meme from Ces (her address is on the left of this page) for her writerly people's group for their database. They wanted either astonishing accounts of your life or just mundane accounts. Well I think I qualify for the mundane. It doesn't tell where my warts, freckles or birthmarks are but it does give some insight to what I like or have done.

    1. In high school I wanted to major in Biology. I had high marks and was extremely interested in genetics and medicine. But my father said I needed to be a secretary so he filled out my schedule and my studies were in home economics and business. I did however discover I love office and art supplies. I guess I’ll have to save the world in my next life.

    2. I like the music from my youth but really love classical music. Just don’t ask me to listen to opera.

    3. I love decorating, gardening and baking desserts. I also like to sew, cross-stitch and my new “talent” of drawing. I guess I am pretty good at decorating, at least I have been told as much but I am really good at baking desserts. Not the real fancy kind with fondants and marzipan but more the kind you might see at Starbucks. Oh yes and then there’s Starbucks, but I am getting off track. Despite the fact of many killed plants, I have been able to grow a pretty garden. I have joined a garden club here hoping to learn more about gardening. Unfortunately all we do is socialize and eat desserts.


    4. I belonged to a community service organization in Texas called The Greater Keller Women’s Club, where we donated time and money to charities and individuals with needs. During the 10 years as a club member I served on the board of directors as Historian (first job), assistant editor, Data Co-coordinator, assistant to the Meeting Co-coordinator and finally Editor. I also helped with their major fundraiser, The Garden of Roses Fashion Show and was given an award for my time, generosity and hard work. I cherish and miss all my wonderful friends there.

    5. I am pretty outgoing but love my “me time”. When I am depressed I want to be left alone so I can cry or grieve then I want all the hugs I can get.


    Smiles
    Babe

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Very fascinating information Babe. I knew you are the decorating diva, as Joy said once. It's interesting how our parents made decisions for us about what to study. So you have lived in good old Texas! Same with no.5.

    11/10/2006 2:48 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Hello again Babe, so Blogger did keep my comment above :-)

    11/11/2006 4:11 AM  
    Blogger steve said...

    For me getting off the Starbucks track was a good thing. I love their coffee and everything else but now that I get up a few minutes early and make my own coffee I find i can actually afford to eat now! Anyhow, fun reading this.

    11/11/2006 9:44 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home