My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Thursday, November 02, 2006

    ILL WIND


    ILL WIND
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    As the seasons change, the weather becomes unpredictable. Leaf colors change and start to fall. Temperatures drop and with that the winds become stronger. Winter is setting in.

    There is a saying about "ill winds" but I couldn't remember it. So I asked SC what it was. He is very knowledgeable and I just knew he would know it. Well he came up with "and ill wind gathers no moss". So much for my scholar. So I looked it up in Wikipedia and sure enough, there it was.

    "An ill wind that bloweth no man to good".

    I am not sure what it really means but I knew it didn't include moss.

    Smiles
    Babe

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Babe, I have been trying to leave a comment here but blogger has been a bear and I finally thought I did but it's not here. Anyway, I can't remember what my comment was but it had something to do with Scarecrow's moss refrence. As for the ill wind, I like how you illustrated those trees. They do look forlorn. I can't wait for your winter rendetion of the same trees and then spring and summer...

    11/05/2006 9:02 AM  
    Blogger harmoniousjosh said...

    I was having comment troubles too - mine was:

    A rolling stone gathers no ill wind.

    OK, maybe I should have kept that to myself...

    11/06/2006 10:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home