My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Saturday, September 16, 2006

    CHANGE


    CHANGE
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    Every day something changes. Our hair color changes, we change our socks, we change our address and we change our minds. Thats us but there's one change we have no control over - weather. If left up to me we would have autumn all year long. I love the way the sun casts shadows through the trees and in my windows. I love the way the tree leaves turn to red, yellow and orange. Those wonderful cool nights and warm days. Even our pups come alive with autumn. Yep, give me an autumn day - and I'll give you pumpkin pie!

    Smiles
    Babe:>

    11 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    cute illo!

    9/16/2006 6:42 PM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    This is so cute and so autumny. Makes me nostalgic Babe. Wonderful job.

    9/16/2006 6:59 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    I absolutely adore the colors distributed evenly in this illustration. They jump from their respective corners! Wonderful!!!

    9/16/2006 8:31 PM  
    Blogger Michael O'Connell said...

    i agree with you about autumn… i only wish it would hurry up and get here… living in florida does have its drawbacks at times… great illustration… and wonderful sentiment…

    9/17/2006 12:22 AM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    I absolutely love your art!!! Everything is so detailed, neat and crisp. I'm so glad this talent was brought to life.

    9/17/2006 7:37 AM  
    Blogger steve said...

    Very nice! i too love Autumn and when I look at this I'm reminded of all things good during this season. This is reminiscient of the art of Grandma Moses even. Great job here!

    9/17/2006 8:30 AM  
    Blogger Babe in the Woods said...

    Oh thank you everyone! I feel so small in the wonderful world of blogging artists. I still have lots of learning to do and with wonderful comments as yours I want to continue on. After all look at all my teachers, how can I go wrong?

    Babe:>

    9/17/2006 9:48 AM  
    Blogger murphy girl said...

    i'm with you, let's go get pumpkin pie!

    9/17/2006 4:25 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Give me autumn, give me a nice nutmeggy apple pie. Best thing about September is turning off the a/c and hearing the frogs peeping all night through the (finally!) open windows! Plus, it's almost bird migration time, so there'll be new buddies at the feeder. Woo!

    9/17/2006 9:15 PM  
    Blogger carla said...

    I havre to agree with you about autumn...it's really the best! The only thing I don't like about it is having to put down the paintbrushes during the week and go back to work:< I love your illustration...it shows all the great things i love about the season!

    9/18/2006 4:09 AM  
    Blogger Ian russell said...

    this is superb, babe.

    we don't get pumpkin pie here! boo hoo. i don't know why not - we get pumpkins sometimes.

    9/21/2006 5:53 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home