My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Sunday, September 10, 2006

    FARM SILO


    FARM SILO
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    A week or so ago I told SC the next drawing I do would be a silo with a tree growing in it. So you can imagine how surprised I was to see the next assignment as "Farm".

    The countryside here is dotted with silos. Since this area raises beef cows and horses I will assume the silos were holding hay for these animals. I don't know how the trees started inside the silos and survived with very little sunlight, but there they are. With amazement I watched one tree grow from a twig that now stands at least 6' over the top. Although the silos stand alone abandoned and in disrepair they have become a haven for trees.

    Smiles
    Babe

    7 Comments:

    Blogger TheTart said...

    What a great illo!!!

    Nature will find a way to get around whatever we build.

    Smooch,
    The Tart
    ; )

    9/10/2006 9:41 PM  
    Blogger Babe in the Woods said...

    Captain Jack Cracker

    9/10/2006 9:49 PM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    opps...that was me that added a comment from you. hee-hee

    BTW...love the illo!

    9/10/2006 9:51 PM  
    Blogger valerie walsh said...

    what a woderful thing!!!

    9/11/2006 12:07 AM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    What a fun thing to see ans sketch!! And a great one it is!

    9/11/2006 7:35 AM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    I think that is an interesting phenomenon. I love it when nature sets its roots down. There are some trees in Asia that practically grow with very little dirt and on top of concrete.

    9/11/2006 4:57 PM  
    Blogger carla said...

    That's very cool! Things like that always tell me that nature will do her thing no matter what... I love the leaves and branches you drew. Great idea and rendering.

    9/13/2006 4:35 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home