My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Tuesday, August 08, 2006

    Capture


    Capture
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    I kind of based this from a situation many many years ago with our son.
    He had a gerbil and we kept it the basement of a raised ranch. It hadn't been finished yet, so it was a very good place to keep it, I thought. Well the little stinker, living in an aquarium, learned how to get out. Many a time we had to catch it and put it back in, then it would get out, etc. Well, one morning our son, Dale, came to us and asked if we found his gerbil. He had looked all over for it but nothing. So he thought it came upstairs. We looked and looked and discovered the back door had been opened just a little. Plenty of room for a wee gerbil to escape. Many tears later we convinced Dale that if his gerbil got out it probably found another gerbil and started a new life running around and being happy. Satisfied with that, Dale and the rest of us went back to a normal life. Well now you would think this story has a happy ending, huh? Nope.
    While cleaning out the sump pump in that basement, guess what Scarecrow found. Yep.

    Smiles
    Babe

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Oh! I love the story and how you comforted your son. I also love the illustration. It is so wholesome.

    8/08/2006 3:26 PM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    Ohhhh, the sad facts of childhood! Been there also so I love this 'capture'. Great job on this Babe.

    8/09/2006 10:12 AM  
    Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

    Hi babe and thank you for the visit and comment about the old San Francisco house. Your story of escaping gerbils reminded me of a hamster I had decades ago. He lived in a aquarium too and was always escaping. He liked to curl up in my shoes in the closet. That was very sweet comfort you gave you son.

    8/09/2006 10:53 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home