My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Sunday, July 23, 2006

    Opposites


    Opposites
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    This was suppose to be just a watercolored picture of my Calla Lily picture. But ever since the cat was let out of the bag that Joy and I are Gypsy's, the Gypsy God's went into a rage and have cursed everything from the weather to this _ _ _ n scanner of mine. The colored picture is quite good, even tho I say so. But the scanner has made it look ucky - part of the curse. After many failed attemps ( the G. God's snickering) I tried B&W.
    But not all was lost. Illustration Friday's topic was Opposites.
    Here is my picture in color and B&W. The Gypsy God's have allowed this posting because they know the colored one came out poorly, but I will have to appease them later for the nice black and white.

    Smiles
    Babe

    6 Comments:

    Blogger steve said...

    Nice job using nature as a reference. It's always so tough deciding whether I like black and white or color--they both have their strong qualities. keep it up!

    7/23/2006 7:35 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    I am so glad, the curse is over. I have have been checking your blog everyday. I don't get it. You make it sound like you do not do this everyday, yet, you come up with great surprises. The lily drawings are very refined, detailed. Reminded me of Redoute'. Babe I think you should draw nature. First your daisies, then these. Very well executed.

    7/23/2006 9:08 PM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    This is absolutely wonderful. I love both black and white and the color! The colored leaves are so vibrant.
    Excellent! And perfect post for IF.

    7/24/2006 6:51 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    very pretty. thanks for the comment on my blog. i enjoyed your story very much! :)

    7/24/2006 1:37 PM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    I think this is fabulous!! Love it!

    7/25/2006 8:03 AM  
    Blogger Jaimie said...

    your lilies are gorgeous!

    7/25/2006 4:50 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home