My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Friday, July 28, 2006

    AVIARY

    Cement Crow

    Aviary...a place where many birds are kept. I fell in love with this antique crow statue that is part of a collection dating back 20 years, featured in a Country Gardens magazine. The article warns of keeping any cement yard ornament indoors during the winter months to prevent them from cracking.

    Aviary+

    I painted the crow, fence and sky on green card stock using acrylic paints then transfered the trees using a page from a magazine.

    Smiles
    Babe

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Teri said...

    Wow, neat job Babe!! I like the idea of pasting it on a magazine page.

    7/29/2006 9:21 AM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Very nice. I love the art. Very interesting about keeping cement indoors. I did not know that. Babe, thank you for your kind words in my blog. Great Mothers and Fathers are the best gifts a child could ever have.

    7/29/2006 1:52 PM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    WoW!!!! This is Awesome!!!! I absolutely love it... Fantastic job drawing the Crow. Such a beautiful collage:)

    And I love, love, love, that cement crow too!

    7/30/2006 6:18 AM  
    Blogger Jozee said...

    Love your art! Creating beats cleaning any day!

    8/03/2006 7:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home