My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Friday, July 28, 2006

    Mystery Cup


    Mystery Cup
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    “Well you might come across some plywood pieces, maybe some steel roofing, who knows. There was a tornado here about maybe 20 years ago. Debris was everywhere. You’ll never know what you’ll find.” That’s what we heard while walking the property we purchased.

    As we cleared the fallen trees and mowed down the wild gooseberry bushes we did come across some wine, beer, whiskey and pop bottles and the plywood and steel mentioned. But we never would have imagined this cute cup. Not a scratch on it. The markings say Hall, made in USA, 351 ½. We wonder if it came from the tornado or if the neighbor lady threw it at her husband in a love quarrel. No matter how it got here, it’s a mystery.

    Smiles
    Babe

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Teri said...

    What a fun find! Don't you love wondering how these got where they are, it could make a wonderful story.

    7/28/2006 8:39 AM  
    Blogger TheTart said...

    What a mystery! Is it a "green tea" cup?

    Smooch,
    The Tart
    ; )

    7/28/2006 10:34 AM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    You lucky Babe. Finding a Hall pottery. I am envious!

    7/28/2006 11:44 AM  
    Blogger Jozee said...

    Hi Babe, My yard was created with fill.

    I often find small bottles and pottery shards while I'm digging. I call it my pay. Your yard pays more than mine does. That's a nice looking custard cup!

    8/03/2006 7:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    8/05/2006 9:27 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home