My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Thursday, October 12, 2006

    Last Blooms


    Last Blooms
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    Fall has started and flowers once vibrant start to fade and disappear. I look out my window and am amazed how wonderful my geraniums, snapdragons, dahlias, balloon flowers, begonias and mexican heather look. I must have done something right with their care, watching them defy their timely end. There is a record of what was planted so I can replace them next summer and hope, with the same care, they will be around long into the fall.

    Smiles
    Babe

    9 Comments:

    Blogger Teri said...

    WOW Babe, these are just stunningly gorgeous!! The colors just jump out in all their glory.

    And I am jealous that you still have them!

    10/12/2006 10:29 AM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Finally! I have been missing your art. Teri is right. What a joy to be greeted by this abundance of colors. Babe, I just love your style. It is so original and full of character.

    10/12/2006 1:35 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    10/12/2006 1:36 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    I forgot to ask. What materials did you use to make this piece? It's absolutely beautiful!

    10/12/2006 1:38 PM  
    Blogger Babe in the Woods said...

    You girls are so good for my ego. I am sorry I have been slow to post anything, lots of work and then family health issues took priority.

    Believe it or not, I did this on ordinary watercolor paper with my color pens then used water to blend. I think I do best with this method.

    Thank You so much!

    10/12/2006 5:20 PM  
    Blogger Irene said...

    Oh, how I yearn to experience autumn. In my corner of the world, our four seasons are hot and hotter and rainy and rainier! :p

    10/12/2006 5:45 PM  
    Blogger Sue Seibert said...

    Gorgeous!

    10/12/2006 6:00 PM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    Wow! This is beautiful... I love the vibrant colors!

    10/13/2006 2:58 PM  
    Blogger Twisselman said...

    I agree with other comments: great colors. And I like the composition... Are those calas in the group? Mostly just see white ones around here.

    10/15/2006 8:39 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home