My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Saturday, November 25, 2006

    Invention


    Invention
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe.
    Something I did not reveal about myself in my 5 meme’s was my invention of the “chocolate root beer smoothie”. I love ice cream, especially chocolate ice cream and root beer. I used to mix them together and have a root beer float with, of course, chocolate ice cream.

    One day SC and I went to the local Braum’s in Texas, a newly renovated building with state of the art equipment. I ordered a root beer float with chocolate ice cream. When they handed it to me, the root beer was warm and the ice cream (1 scoop) had melted. I couldn’t believe they had the nerve to expect us to accept this mess. I was very disappointed and couldn’t drink it. My lower lip jutted forward and I pouted on the way home. SC felt so bad he said “lets stop at Kroger’s and get ice cream and root beer and make our own float”. We made two floats out of a half gallon of ice cream and 4 bottles of root beer. OH was that great! And it was cheaper than the mess at Braum’s.

    The next time we went to Braum’s, yes we went back but to a different one, I asked what the smoothie on their menu was. They told me they make it with any drink and ice cream or sherbet. I thought a moment and said “okay, will you please make me a chocolate root beer smoothie, and make it cold”. I can’t explain the look on the gals face but it was priceless. I think she thought I was pregnant (the bulge is from my passion for ice cream). She asked me what she should put in it, never making one before. I explained she needed to use root beer and chocolate ice cream. BOY was that great!! They haven’t put it on their menu but they remembered us and started to make it when we walked in.

    I realize this wasn’t earth shattering or will save the world from ruin, but I was the first one to come up with it at Braum’s and I think it falls under the heading of an invention. Tomorrow I will head home with Maggie and my first stop will be at the local Braum’s for my long over due “chocolate root beer smoothie”. If your game, give it a try, you might like it.

    Smiles
    Babe

    10 Comments:

    Blogger harmoniousjosh said...

    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this invention did indeed save the world.

    11/25/2006 9:16 PM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Oh wow, you are Joy Eliz's mon. Look at her Invention post. I love you both. These are the best invenstions. Anything to do with chocolates!

    11/26/2006 3:09 PM  
    Blogger Kim de Young said...

    Really great story! We like ice-cream floats with vanilla ice-cream and cream soda. I will have to try the rootbeer-chocolate smoothy...

    11/26/2006 3:24 PM  
    Blogger ° said...

    wow, now this is an invention im going to have to try for myself this summer sounds tasty

    11/26/2006 3:56 PM  
    Blogger steve said...

    Who knows, the world, or it's human inhabitants could be much happier here if they drank more of these. Fun stuff babe.

    11/26/2006 9:56 PM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    Oh yummy! Great invention and great story.

    11/28/2006 9:43 AM  
    Blogger Jeannetto said...

    I wish I didnt just see that! Because it is 4:10am and now I NEEEED one! 24hr 7/11, here I come!

    11/29/2006 3:13 AM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    You've been tagged! Smacka!
    Don't fret, this is an easy one:)

    12/06/2006 5:48 AM  
    Blogger Twisselman said...

    Great story and illustration... think my wife would like one of those concoctions. Also really like the illustration for 'clear' below.

    12/08/2006 7:30 AM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    Babe! Where are you?

    12/08/2006 6:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home