My Photo
Name:
Location: In the Woods, Missouri

My loves: husband, family, friends, our Scottie dogs and holidays. Fun stuff: Being with my children, shopping with my friends, traveling, "playing" with graphics on my computer.

  • Captain Jack Cracker
  • Ces
  • Joy Eliz
  • Scarecrow
  • Teri
  • Monday, June 25, 2007

    Camouflage


    Camouflage
    Originally uploaded by Woods Babe
    Two and two are four
    Four and four are eight
    Eight and eight are sixteen
    Sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two

    Poor little Blue bird, hungry as could be
    If only he could see those little inchworms
    In the tree.

    Inchworm, inchworm measuring the marigolds
    You and your arithmetic
    You’ll probably go far

    Inchworm, inchworm measuring the marigolds
    Seems to me you'd stop and see
    How beautiful they are

    Inchworm, inchworm don’t stop to long
    For Mr. bluebirds belly is empty
    And you will be gone! Yummm

    Smiles
    Babe

    9 Comments:

    Blogger steve said...

    What a very charming illo and poem--did you write it?

    6/25/2007 6:03 PM  
    Blogger Babe in the Woods said...

    Oh, thank you. Yes Steve, at least part of it. I took some of the Inchworm song and added it to my poem:>

    6/25/2007 6:33 PM  
    Blogger Teri said...

    Babe, this is so charming and love the poem. You always have the cutest art on your blog!!

    6/26/2007 9:36 AM  
    Blogger Joy Eliz said...

    yes... Very Cute! And look at the detail of those leaves!

    6/26/2007 9:43 AM  
    Blogger ° said...

    ok wht are the odds that he gets all four before the day is out. nice use of colors and poem

    6/26/2007 11:31 AM  
    Blogger Ces Adorio said...

    I JUST ADORE THIS!!!

    I had to blow up the photo to notice the inchworms and the poem is absolutely wonderful. You need to publish this.

    6/26/2007 6:29 PM  
    Blogger Janice Ykema said...

    we used to sing another version of this song when we were children... delightful remembering it...
    and i wonder if the birds added up the inches they ate and would report to their mate ..' Ive had a foots worth of dinner... time for a nap! '

    your illustration is very charming

    6/28/2007 6:10 PM  
    Blogger kj said...

    babe, this is the sweetest drawing. i love how you used simple colors for highlight. the whole thing propels me back to childhood and wonderful feelings about that time in life.

    very nice babe.

    6/29/2007 10:57 PM  
    Blogger carla said...

    Hi Babe:>

    I haven't been around in a while... it seems like this whole year has been so busy! This is an adorable drawing... it is perfect with the poem. I love the touches of color against the black and white. Your gazebo project looks gorgeous!

    You don't have an email link, but I wanted to get in touch with you about my dancing trees painting you admired last fall. I am planning on selling it, but I wanted see if you'd be interested before I put it in a gallery. You can email me through the link on my blog if you'd like more information.

    I hope all's well! ~ Carla

    7/04/2007 3:35 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home